Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life is composed of the days you live, and the memories you create.

I have not blogged in almost a week, and I actually really missed it!  So the last week in the McGilvray's house hold have been a mixture of fear and sorrow, hope and faith. This past week Daniel got some news about his Grandmother being diagnosed with cancer in her throat. Daniel has always had a bond so close with his Grandmother it’s been something I admired about him from the beginning. Upon this news Daniel received emergency leave from the Marine Corps to go visit his Grandmother in her very weak state. I have never met Daniels Grandmother because she lives far away from us and isn't really able to travel. Though I have never met her face-to-face I have received so much love from her since me and Daniel have been in a serious relationships. Without ever meeting somebody in person, and them remembering your birthday to send you a sweet card and present. Being so sweet to send me cookbooks and house stuff. I don't know anybody else you has ever made me feel so warm, love, and accepted without ever meeting me in person.         

         So this past Thursday I drove Daniel to the airport in the darkness of the early morning.  After dropping him off I have had a few days to myself and spent a lot of time thinking. I thought about the power of love, and how strong it is. I believe it’s easier to hate then to have unconditional love, but love is so much stronger than hate. I really want to be able to be strong enough to have love for everyone and not have the feeling of hatred. I think about the people in my life, and the ones I treasure the most, and I notice all the people I love have been unconditional to me for my mistakes and flaws. 

         So I pick Daniel up on Monday morning, and he doesn’t have to be at work till Tuesday afternoon. Which means we are able to have special time together before I leave for Texas for a couple weeks and he leaves for training in the mountains.  Then Wednesday morning I wake up at the break of dawn to begin my travel to Texas! I’m so excited! I cannot explain the raw excitement I have for seeing my family in Texas! I have been away for over two months, which is the longest I have ever been away from my family by far in my whole life! I love my life as a wife and as a homemaker! Well this blog is random and longer than my blogs usually are! So I’m about down! Goodnight! Love you ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment